Thank you to all who joined us as we stood up for the rights of immigrants, Latinos, and women to be treated as equals in our community!
Seeing so many allies gathered together peacefully gave us hope for the future!
The march was a great success, and it sent a message to the nation that we will not stand for hatred and injustice against women, immigrants, minorities, or any other marginalized community. Check out our photo gallery here!
But there is still more work to do!
Want to help? Read the ideas below and take action today!
- Make a donation to Adelante Mujeres to support Latino immigrants in our community. Even better - make it recurring! Give $50 or more and receive a free Adelante Mujeres t-shirt!
Why Donate? Adelante Mujeres educates and empowers Latina women and their families through holistic programs that ensure their full participation and active leadership in the community. We believe that a healthy, vibrant Latino community strengthens our society.
Short Term Actions:
- Support an immigrant-owned business. Make it a habit! See a list of our local Empresas businesses here.
- Join our Adelante Mujeres CSA, where we connect Latino growers with local eaters.
- Shop our Forest Grove Farmers Market! Our outdoor farmers market begins May 3rd, and takes place from 4PM-8PM every Wednesday through October on Main Street in Forest Grove.
Long Term Commitment:
- Get involved. Volunteer. We need volunteers to help with our Chicas Youth Development after-school sessions! In the spring, we will need volunteers to help sort veggies for our CSA and to help run our Forest Grove Farmers Market.
- Follow education funding and legislation, especially for early childhood education. Immigrant children face multiple barriers to success. Quality early childhood education gives them the skills they need to start school on the right track.
- Vote! - Local elections are important and we encourage you to vote beyond your personal interests. Think through what your vote means to an immigrant family.
- Invest - Become a recurring donor and ensure Adelante Mujeres can fight for women and immigrant rights all year long.
Adelante Mujeres Staff & Participants