CSA Interest & Registration Form 2017
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Adelante Mujeres CSA!
The 2017 season starts in late June, and is 18 weeks long for Standard and Large Shares (June 21st through October 18th). The Salsa Share runs for 10 weeks, from August 16th through October 18th. Please submit this form and we will be in touch with you soon.
Pay for your Membership via PayPal
What is CSA?
Connecting Latino growers with local eaters
Community Supported Agriculture is a program that allows local community members to buy local fruit and vegetables directly from the source.
In most CSA relationships, the produce is distributed to members in weekly "shares," which the community members purchase in advance at the beginning of the growing season.
In the Adelante Mujeres CSA, our Distributor buys local produce from many farmers, who are also Sustainable Agriculture program participants, and compiles the produce into shares for the CSA members each week.
Your fresh local produce is not just the effort of one farmer, but rather an aggregate result of a the labor of a group of hardworking Latino farmers dedicated to sustainable farming practices.
Purchasing CSA shares in the spring allows the farmers guaranteed sales throughout the season, stabilizing their income in the very hectic world of produce sales.
CSA has supported local agriculture systems since it was introduced to the United States in the 1980s, and it has since grown to over 6,000 farms across the country.
To join a CSA, members buy a share of the harvest in the winter and spring and receive a box of local produce each week throughout the growing season.
CSA Salsa Share
Our specialty CSA Salsa Share runs August through October, and provides ingredients and a recipe for salsa each week!
Many of our local Latino farmers love to grow peppers, onions, cilantro and tomatillos. We've crafted this Salsa Share to highlight these fabulous products and cater to local salsa lovers!
Introducing Double Up Food Bucks!
Double Up Food Bucks is part of a statewide program that provides SNAP matching funds at farmers markets and through the Portland Area CSA Coalition. This program is funded by Farmers Market Fund, a Portland-based nonprofit dedicated to improving food access, via private foundations and the USDA. Double Up Food Bucks will be matching funds to supplement the cost of CSA shares for SNAP members who are new to CSA! By making CSA membership more affordable, Double Up Food Bucks also helps farmers earn a living.
- Double Up Food Bucks are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis only.
- Only available to new CSA members (you, and anyone in your household, must not have been a member of a CSA in 2016).
- Only available to CSA members who pay with SNAP (formerly known as food stamps).
How to use Double Up Food Bucks for the Adelante Mujeres CSA:
- Sign-up for our CSA using the form above.
- Adelante Mujeres will send you paperwork to complete and return. Please mail this paperwork back to the Portland Area CSA Coalition within 2 weeks of signing up.
- Your EBT card will be charged the initial payment of $50 upon signing up.
- That’s it! Once the season begins, the Portland Area CSA Coalition will process your SNAP payments monthly and provide the Double Up Food Bucks directly to the Adelante Mujeres CSA.