Volunteer or Intern with Adelante Mujeres
Adelante Mujeres counts on the dedication and support of volunteers to ensure that our programs run smoothly, and that our organization continues evolving and responding to the needs of the community.
Thanks to the diversity of our program activities, we offer a wide range of volunteer opportunities to:
- Spanish speakers and non-Spanish speakers alike
- Students and professionals
- Individuals and groups – offices, teams, church groups, families, etc. are all encouraged to contact us about opportunities to be involved
- Those who can give a lot of time, or just a little!
We welcome volunteers to work with us on an ongoing basis, or to attend a one-time volunteer event or activity.
Select one of our programs to see current volunteer opportunities
- Adult Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Chicas Youth Development
- Empresas Small Business Development
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Forest Grove Farmers Market - Sign up on Volunteerspot
Contact us for more information:
Adelante Mujeres Volunteer Mission Statement
We provide our volunteers with the support necessary to effectively serve the community, find opportunities for personal growth, foster intercultural exchange, and employ their unique skills to further the mission of Adelante Mujeres.
The Adelante Mujeres Promise to Volunteers
At Adelante Mujeres we believe that volunteers play an important role in our effort to build a stronger and more inclusive community. In recognition of this, we pledge to:
- Create a welcoming atmosphere where volunteers, staff and Adelante Mujeres participants alike collaborate in community-building efforts.
- Encourage volunteers to choose volunteer work that supports their skills and interests and makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Clearly communicate our needs and expectations and respect those of our volunteers.
- Celebrate the cultural heritage of each volunteer, staff member and participant we serve.
- Foster a safe, mutual learning space for volunteers, staff members and participants.